“A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.”
With Thanksgiving upon us and the end of the year in sight, there’s no better time to remind our students of the importance of kindness. We encourage our students to get involved and give back where they can. Each of our locations is partnering with a charity they feel close to, please donate what you can!
Here are some things your family can do to get involved in your household:
1. Donate books to a local library
Be sure to check with your library first to see what their drop-off and donation regulations are.
2. Collect soda can tabs for Ronald McDonald House Charities
For more information, go to rmhc.org.
3. Donate blankets, newspapers, cleaning supplies, old towels, hand sanitizer, or food to an animal shelter
Check with the shelter first – their greatest needs can differ from day to day!
4. Organize a neighborhood clean-up initiative
Have everyone bring their own trash bags
5. Distribute leaf bags or help neighbors rake fallen leaves
Many older citizens need help blowing leaves, raking, bagging, and general yard clean-up before winter strikes!
6. Buy gift cards from local businesses or restaurants and give them to those in need
Local restaurants and shops need our support now more than ever, and if you pay the purchase forward to someone in need, it’s the gift that keeps on giving!
7. Volunteer to in-person or virtually read books to seniors in a local nursing home
Many residents in nursing homes are not able to accept in-person visitors right now, and a surprise book reading or other fun interaction with your family would certainly create a bright spot in their day!
8. Deliver doorstep meals to new parents and other homebound individuals
Be sure to check for potential allergies ahead of time, and to set up a time for the drop-off that is both socially distant and well-timed for perishable foods.
9. Donate birthday party decorations to youth shelters or children’s hospitals
Every kid deserves to have a magical birthday. Think outside the box, and help these kids have a birthday they won’t soon forget!
Share your child giving back by using our #wrightsgivesback on any social media platform!
We are so excited to see these kiddos throw themselves into acts of kindness and goodness and appreciate the example parents provide these amazing kids we get to help shape and mold.